Fri, Oct 11|
2024 October 11-14 Gettysburg Trip Troop 318
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, where the turning point of the Civil War occurred from July 1 – 3, 1863. Travel through the Gettysburg National Military Park, with over 1,000 monuments and cannon along over 40 miles of scenic roads – a battlefield shrine to the Union and Confederate soldiers who fought.
Time & Location
Oct 11, 2024, 4:00 PM – Oct 14, 2024, 2:20 PM
Gettysburg, 1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA
About The Event
Welcome to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, where the turning point of the Civil War occurred from July 1 – 3, 1863. Travel through the Gettysburg National Military Park, with over 1,000 monuments and cannon along over 40 miles of scenic roads – a battlefield shrine to the Union and Confederate soldiers who fought here.
Visit the scene of the Gettysburg Address, Picket’s Charge, General Robert E. Lee’s Headquarters, Little Round Top, and the Devil’s Den. You can even meet Abraham Lincoln! In Gettysburg, you can eat authentic Civil War era foods, sleep in a restored historic inn, and discover over 25 museums and resort attractions — some unlike any in the world.
Come see all that Gettysburg has to offer – and rekindle your patriotism at the same time!
Open to all Scouts.
Leader Cell Phone - Contact Information:
Name Cell Phone #
1. Kevin Shanahan 919-866-9246
Meet at 4:00 PM at the Garden Center
We will return Monday
Cost for attending:
Trip $ per person covering canoe outfitting/food/gas
Meals are by individual / Bring your own food.
Questions, Comments, or Ideas: Contact outing leader Kevin Shanahan
Things to think about bringing:
· ***Appropriate rain gear**** Rain pants, rain jacket required.
· Clothing layers appropriate for forecast, plus a “dry one”.
· Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses with neck string
· Bug Spray!!!!
· Water shoes, Crocs, (old sneakers last resort) recommended in the canoes
· Shirt you don’t mind swimming in, an extra in a Ziploc for dry use.
· Everyone should be sure to bring two (2) 1 litre water bottles (filled)
· Backpack stove cooking for Saturday night.
· Campfire skit or song
Scouts will be tenting together in standard Patrol fashion. Patrols to arrange tent assignments.